Today I invite you to view my video commentary on the issue of Racial Equality - or Inequality - in our country. This video reviews America's dark and divided past, juxtaposed with our still dark and divided present - and the challenges facing us as we struggle to understand one another and heal this great… Continue reading RACE FOR EQUALITY
RESPONSE TO “ENOUGH!” – There is a way to FIGHT THE POWER THROUGH FINANCE!
RESPONSE TO “ENOUGH!” There is a way to FIGHT THE POWER THROUGH FINANCE! © PJ Hayward New York, 2015 Since I do not have the brainpower to think of a way to cure the ills besetting our entire planet, I want to respond to our Editor in Chief's previous post in terms of the country… Continue reading RESPONSE TO “ENOUGH!” – There is a way to FIGHT THE POWER THROUGH FINANCE!
KNOWING INDEPENDENCE (FREEDOM): DO WE?
KNOWING INDEPENDENCE (FREEDOM): DO WE? A commentary on the July 4th holiday © PJ Hayward 2014, New York INDEPENDENCE: in·de·pend·ence [in-di-pen-duhns] noun 1. Freedom from the control, influence, support, aid, or the like, of others synonyms: See freedom FREEDOM: free·dom ˈfrēdəm/ noun 1. the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without… Continue reading KNOWING INDEPENDENCE (FREEDOM): DO WE?
POPCORN, PLAINTAIN, SORREL, ORANGES, LIMES
FROM GHANA from the desk of our Editor-in-Chief, Bernard W. Saunders: An in-depth commentary on Ghana today. Popcorn, Plantain, Sorrel, Oranges, Limes © Bernard W. Saunders 12/15/13 Iture-Elmina Ghana Ghana is a nation with a noble and ancient history. Blessed with mineral wealth: gold, rubber, industrial diamonds, silver bauxite, manganese, timber and hydro power. The… Continue reading POPCORN, PLAINTAIN, SORREL, ORANGES, LIMES
BACK TO MY ROOTS – AND STRUGGLE
PART 13 OF A SERIES - STORIES FROM A LIFE © PJ Hayward, New York 2008 First Published 2008 by Hold On Publications Revised © PJ Hayward New York 2013 Something happened to Tony after I left him that last and final time. I don’t know what it was exactly, but things seemed to change… Continue reading BACK TO MY ROOTS – AND STRUGGLE
HOMELESS PART 5 OF A SERIES - STORIES FROM A LIFE © PJ Hayward, New York 2008 First Published 2008 by Hold On Publications Revised © PJ Hayward New York 2013 Jess and Peggy were both members of our church and they brought us over to the L.A. Office to introduce us around. The L.A.… Continue reading HOMELESS
THE CONTINUATION OF STUPIDITY
FROM THE DESK OF OUR SENIOR CONTRIBUTING WRITER: “Q” © Q. Montgomery, Memphis, TN. 2013 THE CONTINUATION OF STUPIDITY There is an old saying, "Nothing Succeeds Like Success." The other side of that is "Nothing Fails Like Failure". Today's Republican Party is a shining example of what failure looks like. They continue to pursue policies… Continue reading THE CONTINUATION OF STUPIDITY
“LET THEM EAT CAKE!” SEZ THE GOP
"LET THEM EAT CAKE!" SEZ THE GOP © PJ Hayward, New York 2013 So here we are, witnessing another case of the 1% trying to deny the other 99% of us even the tiniest crumb of a break in our quest to just keep hearth and home together. While these so-called lawmakers in Congress are… Continue reading “LET THEM EAT CAKE!” SEZ THE GOP
IS FEMINISM DESTROYING OUR YOUNG MEN – SPECIFICALLY OUR YOUNG BLACK MEN?
IS FEMINISM DESTROYING OUR YOUNG MEN – SPECIFICALLY OUR YOUNG BLACK MEN? © 2013 PJ Hayward, New York and Q Montgomery, Memphis, TN My esteemed colleague Q recently brought an issue to my attention that I want to talk about here and hopefully engender some feedback from whoever is reading this blog. The issue is,… Continue reading IS FEMINISM DESTROYING OUR YOUNG MEN – SPECIFICALLY OUR YOUNG BLACK MEN?
The Bracero Monument, a sculpture by Dan Medina at Migrant's Bend Plaza in Los Angeles, California. It honors the Mexican Migrant Workers who came to the US to fill labor shortages during WWII. But in my mind, this monument also honors the thousands who continue to labor in American fields, homes, factories and businesses where… Continue reading CHICANO HEART